We have welcomed guests from around the world to Casa Vista Castillo, our beautiful & unique holiday rental, perched on the famous cliff-edge of Arcos de la Frontera, an inland Andalusian fortress town steeped in centuries of history.
Located in the heart of the "casco antiguo" or old quarter, the house offers seclusion, tranquillity & fantastic eye level birdlife, but with the benefit that all the action such as bars, restaurants, local shops & banks are on your door-step.
The property's dramatic location gives the house its name, Casa Vista Castillo, as both the terrace & bedrooms benefit from uninterrupted views of Arcos' 11th-century Moorish castle, sweeping views of the countryside, fabulous birdlife & unforgettable evening sunsets.
Two french doors open up onto the terrace from the living area, giving the house a comfortable & easy flow. No matter rain or shine, the view is always dramatic & never fails to delight our guests (or us for that matter!).
Located in one of Arcos' prettiest & quietest streets, the house forms part of an Andalusian style residence of Moorish origin with an authentic central Andalusian courtyard.
The living area is simply stunning: airy & spacious with a comfortable sitting-room area, dining room and kitchen. The drama of the room is enhanced by four-meter high ceilings and original oak beams from which hang two huge Moroccan lanterns. The interior is simple, stylish, and comfortable, with hints of Al Andalus. The main air-con unit is located in the living area & also doubles as a heating unit in winter.
There are 2 bedrooms, one double, on the ground floor & one twin, accessed via a short spiral staircase and there is a single sofa-bed in the sitting room. The house sleeps up to 5 adults. We can also provide a cot for a baby. Both bedrooms are equipped with fans in the summer & ceramic wall heaters for the winter months.
The bathroom has a large walk-in shower, loo & basin with drawers & storage, as well as an electric towel rail, useful in the winter months for keeping you warm and your towels dry!
Facilities in the house:
- Sleeps 5 adults (1 double bed, 2 single beds, 1 single sofa-bed) & 1 baby (we can provide a cot)
- Free wifi
- Washing machine, clotheslines, clothes horse, pegs, iron & ironing board
- CD/Radio player in the living room
- Local TV & DVD player
- Small reading library, mostly in English (some Spanish)
- Air-con in the living area, which doubles as a heating unit in winter
- Both bedrooms have fans for the summer & ceramic wall heaters for winter. The twin bedroom also has a small aircon unit for daytime use.
- As well as a large walk-in shower, the bathroom has an electric towel rail, more comfortable for the winter, and helps to keep those towels dry!
- In addition to the washing machine, the kitchen has an electric oven, ceramic hob, microwave & kettle
- BBQ on the terrace
- Shopping trolley
What we provide for your stay:
- On making a reservation, we provide you with a comprehensive Info Pack, which covers getting to Arcos, parking, contact details, local bars & restaurants, supermarkets, places to visit, etc
- You will be welcomed personally on arrival
- If you have any problems during your stay, questions about the area and places to visit, you can ask during the course of your stay
- Full preparation of the house in advance of your visit
- Bed linen (cotton sheets in summer, warm duvets in winter)
- Bath towels. Beach towels too for the warmer months
- Parking in the Old Quarter of Arcos de la Frontera is very restricted. We can organise a private car parking space just outside the Old Quarter. Please enquire about availability and rates.
- Please note that the interior of the house is strictly non-smoking.
- Smokers are invited to use the outside terrace.
- We have a no pets policy.
Check if your preferred dates are available here.